AdBusters is running a campaign to expose the Dirty Dozen – a list of the 12 worst corporations. We’ve managed to get Dow on the list, but we need your help to keep them there, and move them up the chart. We need just one minute of your time to make sure the Dow Chemical Company makes it on that list!
In addition to the Bhopal gas disaster, Dow is responsible for chemical weapons, such as Agent Orange and Napalm, and a number of GMOs and pesticides, including 2,4-D.
- Visit Adbusters’ voting website
- At the very bottom of the ballot, there is an option that says “Killacorp”. Here, enter “Dow Chemical”
- Click on the circle next to your entry and press vote!
- You can vote once every day, so please keep voting!
Let’s make sure that we let Dow know that we won’t stand for their toxins!
Take Action! Support the Bhopali Screening Tour, Autumn 2013
Urgent Action for Bhopal
Obama Administration Official recently reveals U.S. government’s double standard on corporate accountability for victims of the Bhopal Gas Disaster.
Please support justice for Bhopal and make a quick call to the White House!
With the world focused on corporate accountability in the wake of BP's Gulf Oil Spill, a leaked email from the Obama administration shows that it values profit over people, when the profit benefits American corporations. On Aug 18, Mumbai-based Times Now published an email chain between White House Deputy National Security Advisor Michael Froman, and Indian Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia. Froman’s email said:
“We are hearing a lot of noise about the Dow Chemical issue. I trust that you are monitoring it carefully. I am not familiar with all the details, but I think we want to avoid developments which put a chilling effect on our investment relationship.”
Froman’s email essentially told the Indian government to protect Dow from its Bhopal liabilities, while people in Bhopal continue to suffer from the industrial pollutants that have killed 25,000 and have not been adequately cleaned up.
TAKE ACTION NOW: Call the White House and tell Obama to support justice for Bhopal!
Call the White House switchboard at 202-456-1414, ask for Michael Froman’s office and tell them:
- You are angered that Michael Froman is telling the Indian Government to protect Dow from its Bhopal liabilities.
- Obama must take a strong stand on Bhopal to show that corporate accountability is universal. He needs to ensure that Dow is held accountable for the suffering in Bhopal to the same level as BP has been held accountable in the Gulf.
- Bhopalis have suffered for over 25 years because of Dow Chemical Company and its subsidiary Union Carbide. 25,000 people have died while Dow refuses to clean up the site and to send Union Carbide to face criminal charges. Obama should ensure that Dow cooperates with the Indian government and courts.