Sanjay Verma, Bhopal survivor, activist, and documentary star, tours the U.S. this spring
From March 17 - April 9, Sanjay Verma will be traveling throughout the U.S. with the support of the International Campaign for Justice in Bhopal (ICJB) and People Concerned about MIC (PCMIC). ICJB and PCMIC need your support to make this initiative possible; please make a contribution or join our Facebook cause, "No More Bhopals."
Originally scheduled to testify against Bayer producing MIC at Bhopal's Sister Plant in Institute, WV, Sanjay began his journey in West Virginia. In a surprise victory for public safety Friday, March 18, Bayer caved to community demands to halt manufacturing of the deadly chemical, before the hearing was scheduled to begin.
Beginning March 30, Sanjay will tour an additional 5 U.S. cities to attend screenings of Max Carlson's award-winning documentary on the disaster, Bhopali. Each screening will be followed by a Q&A with him. Click here to view the trailer. The documentary features Sanjay and other survivors' engrossing stories, which Carlson skillfully interweaves with informative background on the catastrohpe and its fallout.
The map below charts his upcoming events; click on the location to view the event's details.
- Saturday, March 26, Lewisburg, WV: Email for details
- Monday, March 28, Institute, WV: Facebook event
- Wednesday, March 30, Balitmore, MD: Facebook event
- Thursday, March 31, New York City, NY: Facebook event, buy tickets
- Monday, April 4, Medford, MA: Email for details
- Wednesday, April 6, Los Angeles, CA: Facebook event
- Thursday, April 7, Berkeley, CA: Facebook event